As an introduction to our transport market intelligence product, you’re invited to a 30-minute webinar that will review current market trends and best-practices across modes (truck/LTL, rail/intermodal, ocean/air, and parcel). Our transport market intelligence shares best practices for shippers to improve transportation spend efficiency with real-time visibility and strategies across transport modes (volumes, pricing, and capacity). We publish weekly industry insights, bi-monthly modal updates, a comprehensive monthly chart book, semi-annual webinars, and host networking events at industry trade shows.
During this call we’ll discuss, ask, and answer the following:
- Real-time insights on demand, price, capacity dynamics (spot and contract) for all major modes (Truckload/LTL, Intermodal/Rail, Small Parcel)
- Will TL price inflation continue into 2019? What are best practices to mitigate the cost inflation?
- Outlook and expectations for volumes across modes, end-markets in 2018, 2019
- When does it make sense to switch between modes (rail versus road, TL versus LTL)?
- How to bend the parcel cost curve
- Most interesting things we have heard in domestic transports (retailer OTIF policies, Amazon network development, etc.)
- Ocean pricing, volume forecasts for 2018
- Why did airfreight get so crazy in 4Q? Will it happen again?
- How eCommerce has changed ocean and airfreight shipping
- New tech-based forwarders in the marketplace
About the CRC Transportation Team
Chris Johnson leads the Transportation Team for Cleveland Research Company – focusing on market trends and best practices across transport modes (international airfreight/ocean shipping, domestic US trucking, rail, and parcel). The team helps shippers understand real-time transport market trends to improve supply chain efficiency. Cleveland Research has been following the transportation + logistics markets for over 10 years.
Chris graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 2008 with a degree in Economics and Political Science.